Followers

Sunday 23 February 2014

Card for a male - or a female!

As soon as I saw this image, I knew which "backing paper" I wanted to add to it...


Over at Glitter n Sparkle, this weeks challenge is "bright and funky colours."
It was difficult to make the image any brighter than I did, but I added a page from an old 
AA map behind the image, and a green border...that is slightly pearlised.  
I thought - if I was to make this again, I would seek out a page that would fit with where
the recipient lives or is moving to.
I added some jute twine to keep it quite neutral...so could be a card for a male or a female. 
The sentiment comes from "pink petticoat". 
The image is "atlas and globe" from Sentimental Susan.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges...
Natalie and amy - love is all around - 27 Feb
A creative romance - a little sentimental - 28 Feb
Craft for the craic - heart - 1 March
Creative corner - a little bit - 1 March
Papercrafting journey - love is in the air - 26 Feb
Sisterhood of crafters - love - 25 Feb
Whimsy stamps challenge - love is in the air - 11 March
Wordart wednesday - anything goes - 26 Feb
Fan-tastic tuesday - happy and bright - 25 Feb




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design,love the layout thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love the pleasure of your company in next week's challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B~Owner Fan-Tatic Tuesday Challenge
Xx -

Unknown said...

I really like this card. The map and the world tied with hemp says something profound. This is just so very beautiful, thank you for sharing your sweet creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
Blessings, Carole DT

cass said...

Wonderful sentiment, love the map background, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

Darlene said...

Yep that background paper is PERFECT! Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cool! I love the map background, and you're so right that it could be used for a guy or a girl. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and sharing your talents with us. It's such a blessing to have you play along, and I hope to see you again soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, I have that sentiment in a different font :o)
Jackie xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card and I love your take on our theme. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

Anonymous said...

Great card! That DP works perfect with your image and I love that little heart! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Teresa said...

Fabulous Creation & Sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance
Hugs Teresa

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Great idea with the map :) Thanks for joining our first challenge at Craft for the Craic.
Eithne